Here some stuff about the books I read. For now I'm mostly using the bits I write for my Dutch online bookgroup so the text is usually mostly in Dutch but the quotes from English books are in the original.

maandag 17 augustus 2009

Ghost Children ~ Sue Townsend (1997)


Typical Townsend easy reading. Short fast sentences. Clearly sketched characters. Story of a man who revisits the woman who aborted their baby (which he had wanted to keep) 17 years earlier. Intertwined with a young hopeless couple with a (battered) baby and another on the way. And a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Ok, I'll admit, it was the blurred dog photo on the front that first drew me to the book. Good 'in between' sort of read.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

links to my other blogs

Mijn foto
'Marathon Woman Returns' is about my running and is updated the most regularly. 'Uitjes Enzo' has occasional other stuff. 'Chasing Chatwin' is about my trip to Patagonia in 2009. 'Reading Matters' is about books I've read but is a bit neglected - you'd think I haven't read anything for ages which of course isn't true.

Volgers